Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I got some news from the neuromuscular clinic doctors 2 days early. THEY ARE GOING TO TRY TREATMENT. Dr. Lopate told me when I was in his office that if he confirmed it was motor neuron that there was no treatment and nothing he could do. My affliction is still not confirmed either way but is not typical of ALS or motor neuron so treatment will begin as soon as they can get it set up. I will have 2 IVIG treatments 30 days apart. I will have to stay overnight at Barnes-Jewish Hospital for the first one. They can do the second one in 30 days.

As I was typing the above, the hospital called and I'm to have the first treatment tomorrow. I have to check in the hospital at 8 in the morning. The seizure clinic is a different group of neurologists and they were waiting for the results from the neuromusclar doctors to see me. The nurse who called about admitting will try to have them see me while I'm there anyway.

Goldman pickred me up from the Abbotts yesterday and then we picked Shirley up at the airport. Then Goldman and I joined Sabrina and family and Margaret and Norm for dinner out. It's been very cold here. Goldman has been driving Gossamer, Chris's orange Honda Del Sol. It's a two seater, low to the ground, and loud. We took my car to the airport and dinner and left Gossamer here. When Goldman brought me home and tried to leave in the Del Sol, it's so cold here that he couldn't get the door key in to unlock the car. When he used to leave his old Lexus over here he would leave it unlocked and the key in the ignition. He's acknowledging the advantage of a rusted out, dented old car that will only turn right.

My nose looks worse than it feels now. The stitches should dissolve. Ding hasn't called today yet to see if I'm any prettier. Goldman reminded me what happened to Pinocchio's nose when he lied so I'd best be very truthful because it might hurt worse if it grew.

The ice has melted here and was much worse at the Abbotts. Pete said Joe was without power or cable Saturday morning. We haven't heard from Joe so don't know if he has electricity yet. Bernie and Maudie were somewhere in Arizona yesterday and were headed to Kay's.

Keep praying. I think prayers are working.

No comments: