Friday, January 05, 2007

I spent a long time updating this morning and somehow lost it all. I'll try again.

My last update focused on my health so this one will be about current events. Goldman and Maddog picked me and the boys up for a New Year's Eve party at the Hollensbes'. Doug and Suzanne made a fabulous prime rib/ lobster dinner. The kids preferred chicken nuggets but were almost too busy to stop playing and eat. The Slayton and Cullinane families joined us. Goldman had to go down to the basement occasionally to soothe and referee. Being a schoolteacher makes him very good at this. Rose was under the weather but the doggie bag they sent fed us for two days.

We had to deliver the boys to their dad half way to Louisville on Monday morning, much to our reluctance. We were just into our return to St. Louis when Scott called. He said "Mom, I don't want to upset you, but Brayden just said he misses Aunt Shirley the most cause she's the nicest". Rose and I had worked very hard to show them a good time and Shirley had been in Louisiana since Thursday. Go figure.

Shirley returned from visiting her family in Louisiana on Monday night. Her brother-in-law is still not doing very well but has shown a bit of improvement.

Joe, we may have to get some pointers from you on sailing. Mark, my stepson, has bought a 36 foot sailboat that he's going to keep on Lake Michigan. He and Karen just returned from a week of lessons on sailing in Florida. We've been invited for a sail with them, but I'm not going to get deck shoes until I'm sure they have the hang of it.

I had lunch with Chris and Mark today. We're back to our Friday lunches and are planning another lunch in Evansville, Brick's hometown. We eat at a 'Miss Muzzy" type cafe there with about the same prices that Muzzy charged, so we all grab for the check.

Chris took me to the dermatologist/surgeon about my skin cancer. Joe has had the same thing and so has Chris. The doctor was also a cosmetic surgeon but Chris decided everyone there was on their first trip. He filled out the form for me and listed my occupation as an exotic dancer. I don't think the doctor believed it.

Rose and Shirley are going to Chicago next weekend for their monthly trip. I'm going to stay with the Abbotts and Margaret and I are going to work on plans for reunion this summer. Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome. Joe has already been busy getting things in the planning process.

Our West Coast editors have been slacking off. Fill us in with the happenings.

No comments: