Saturday, January 13, 2007

Just a quick update before I'm off to the Abbotts and Rose off to Chicago. Shirley went to Chicago on Wednesday and missed most of my pain and agony. Joe and Chris assured me that removal of skin cancer was no big deal. THEY LIED. Rose dropped me off Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. for the procedure, and we thought I would be done in time for her to pick me up and take Shirley to the airport for a 11:30 flight. WE WERE WRONG. I was there until 4 that afternoon and had 37 stitches in my face and I don't know how many in my ear. Chris's comment was "yes, but did they make you pretty?" I was in so much pain on Thursday that Norman called to check on me. That really concerned me because sometimes when I call their house and he realizes it's me, he tries to pretend he's a recording. I'm much better now after Rose hovering and keeping ice packs hourly until Friday. The cure was much worse than the disease. It was a basal cell type cancer, the least problematic, but had to be treated.

Chris brought bagels for breakfast Friday morning. After he ate, he told me he had to go back to his car. I inquired about what he forgot. He had left his "diary in his purse". The daughter I never had. . . . In reality, he is training for a marathon and had left his running log/journal in his gym bag.

Mike Madden, Uncle Curt's and Aunt Virginia's oldest son, has recently been keeping us updated on his life. His daughter, Lauren, is starting college. Mike lives in Kansas City and is in the process of starting a grape growing project near there. It will eventually be a vinyard and winery. This is an investment for his retirement. If social security funds run out before he reaches that age, he says he will just stay drunk. In case some of us want to join you, are you going white or red?

That was a wonderful update from the FeLLins. By comparison, we are pretty dull. Pete hasn't called yet today. The Abbott clan is way behind on updates. Get busy.

No comments: