Sunday, December 02, 2007

It's been rather quiet around here this week since we don't have Brayden and Jalen. We did get to watch Ellie Thursday afternoon while John and Jana loaded and packed for their move to Lenexa, KS. Danny, Jana's stepdad, came over from St. John to assist them with the mountainous task. They left Friday morning pulling a trailer and driving a questionable U-Haul. They could probably have passed for the Beverly Hillbillies. They're storing their stuff until their new house is ready in about two weeks. Meanwhile they're going to stay with us during the week and make the long trip back to Kansas on the weekend. We're looking forward to having them, especially Ellie who is not quite two and has taken up with all three of us old ladies.

Brother Pete called Saturday. As usual he was bragging about the weather there but had a slightly different story this time. He and Janet had their windows cleaned last week for the first time since they've been coming there. Also, for one of the very first times since they've been there, it rained on Friday night!! There went those clean windows!!! They were going to drive around Saturday morning and see the mud puddles - a rare thing there.

I had an email from Sandi FeLLin this week after I wrote and nagged her about updating the blog and she promised to do so soon. The women of the family were getting together this weekend for their annual cookie exchange. I was over at Doug and Suzanne's the other night and Suzanne asked me if I wanted a cookie. I asked if they were homemade. She said if slice and bake qualify as homemade then they're homemade. Would she be eligible for the cookie exchange?

We've started our Christmas shopping and I can't say what we're getting Jalen and Brayden cause Jalen may read this but it's a hot item. Goldman and I couldn't find what we were looking for on the Missouri side of the river so we had to cross the Mississippi and go to Edwardsville, IL. to get it. Those boys better appreciate it!

Rose bought another flat screen TV this week and spent a long time installing a swivel stand on the wall to hold it and was feeling very handy in doing so. She put the new TV on it, had it all hooked up and ready, and turned it on. It had a bad picture and a hum in the sound. She fiddled with it and contemplated for three days before finally unhooking it, packing it back in the box, returning it, and exchanging it for a completely different brand and model of television. She's in the process right now of installing the new one. I hope it turns out better or I'll feel really sorry for the salesman.

Alex's team won their basketball game that Rose and I attended last week. Their team really didn't have much competition so it wasn't a close game at all. There was lots of yelling and cheering from spectators on both teams, though. Our side included Sabrina, Dave, Brett, Margaret, Norm, Rose and me.

Shirley leaves on Wednesday for the monthly trip to Chicago. Rose will leave on Saturday. I'm going to stay with Doug and Suzanne over the weekend. I'll go to Barnes Wednesday for my overnight IVIG and on Friday I'm having a cyst removed from my back.

Rose and Shirley are going to see Hilary tonight. She's here in St. Louis and starts at 6:00. I'm going to stay home and wait for John, Jana, and Ellie. Our favorite TV program is Desperate Housewives which starts at 8:00. Rose and Shirley are really hoping to be home by then. John and Jana are striving to get here by 8:00too, cause they're fans of this program, too. Just in case either of them is late, I think Rose is going to record it on her new TV.

I had a email from Donald hoping we can get together again if he gets to St. Louis over the holidays. Hope Vita can join us this time, too. They've heard from cousin Wanda who now lives in Alabama. Her address is:

Wanda Philbrick
245 Glenn Gap Road
Gadsden, AL 35904

No comments: