Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm back at the lake again with only part of my harem. Today we had some really good news. Shirley had a double biopsy on Wednesday and the results came back today that she does not have breast cancer. It was her second biopsy so we were really worried. The surgical center had said she might have had to wait until Monday for the results. That would have made for a very long weekend.

Margaret's 70th birthday is the 28th of this month. Her home address is #4 Peg Elaine Ct., St. Peters, MO. 63376. Home phone is 636-397-5674. Cell is 636-577-1809
Her treatments are almost over and are going fine. I'll let one of the girls update you on her progress. Rose, Shirley, and I found the perfect birthday card for her. It's a singing card - Johnny Cash singing "Ring of Fire". She and Abbott are still big Johnny Cash fans.

I talked to Janet on line for a bit last night. She was busy making three lamb cakes for their grandson Eric's 16th birthday party which is tonight. I asked if Pete was the one who taught him to drive, but she said Nancy did. Pete taught me and it's been nearly fifty years ago. Rose and I still use some of his sayings, like "If I had time I'd teach that SOB a lesson". Might I say he didn't say SOB.

The guys are having their annual workweek this coming week. Maddog, Goldman and I came down yesterday. We grocery shopped this morning and got some stuff at the hardware store. Doug can't come until after his kids hunt Easter eggs and after Easter dinner at his mother's on Sunday. He's mad at the Easter bunny. Goldman and Maddog are unskilled labor, and Doug limits their tasks because he's afraid they'll mess things up. Scott can't get here until Wednesday and he's chomping at the bit. I'm going home Sunday. For one thing, I can't stand the mess.

No comments: