Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm off to the lake house again this evening with part of my harem. We are going to decide some of the things they are going to accomplish week after next during there regular spring workweek. Doug and I are going to go look at a whole house reverse osmosis water softeners. The water down there is awful. It smells really bad as any of you that have been there can testify. We bring drinking and cooking water. Pete has one at Quartzsite and says it works. When we used to go to Palm Island they also had reverse osmosis water softener and I didn't even know they had it or needed it. We will no longer have to carry in gallons of water down there. Part of the men's spring workweek chore is replacing the steps between the houses, some remodelling in the kitchen, staining the deck, felling a tree, and I don't know what else. I'm not sure how many guys are coming but Scott says he wouldn't miss it if he had malaria.

I set out for my walk yesterday morning and my ambition was to go further than the 3.1 miles I had gone the day before. I was trudging along and next thing I knew I was in an ambulance and someone was giving me a choice of hospitals to be dropped at. I was on the sidewalk of a rather busy street and I have no idea who called the ambulance and didn't have enough wits about me to ask the attendants before they left me at the hospital. This happened about 9:30 yesterday morning. I had the nurse dial Rose for me and she rushed right down to get me. I was a bit woozy by then but was ready to leave. They had 119 people through the emergency room yesterday. It was late afternoon before we got out of there. If I'd checked myself out before they released me, insurance would not have paid for the ambulance so we stuck it out. They finally got in touch with one of my neurologists who said get a blood sample and we'll check her medication level and call her tomorrow and then let her go. I feel fine today and the neurologist hasn't called about the medicine. draft 3:48

Chris went for an interview with Mark Lary's company and he got the job. He, needless to say, is thrilled. It will mean for one thing that he won't have to work evenings like he does now. He will start April 7.

Shirley just came in from the grocery store and brought me a shamrock necklace. I guess we're prepared to be Irish for St. Patrick's Day. Doug is picking me up in a few minutes. Goldman isn't going this weekend and is dogsitting one of Chris's dogs. Tucker had surgery this morning and the other dogs bother him if he stays home. I'm not a doglover and little Brayden says "Granny, do you hate cats too?" He sets in the dog's bed with him and hugs him and can't understand why everyone isn't a dog lover. I'm in a minority in this family.

No comments: