Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm OK after my stay in the hospital. The handsome neurologist wanted me to have some X-rays so Chris and I waited all day Friday for 5 minutes of X-rays. I still have to have some more tests through my primary care doctor (a woman instead of a handsome young man) but the handsome young man said he is just probably being overly cautious.

As soon as I got home Friday Goldman and I headed for the lake. Maddog was already there. Rose had to catch a flight to Chicago that evening so Shelly came by and took her to the airport so Goldman and I could get an earlier start. Shelly had Eli with her, their sheepdog. I had told Chris that Eli had never seen a sheep in his life and wouldn't know a sheep from a horse. They got Eli a stuffed toy sheep to train the dog to recognize a sheep if he ever saw one. We'll probably never know if it works or not since he'll probably never see a sheep.

Pete called Saturday morning with his weekly update. Caitlin was home for her spring break. They still have more snow on the ground than we do. Ours should melt this week. He said Donald and Vita were in Plattsburg celebrating some grandsons' birthdays but have to be back in Birmingham tomorrow night. We were hoping the two of them would stop by.

Maddog cleaned up old leaves and burned them at the lakehouse. Goldman had papers to grade. Maddog said he thought Goldman made a 6 hour job out of a one hour job with the grading papers to keep from helping with the outdoor work. My harem and I went to Ruthie D's, my favorite restaurant down there, Saturday night for dinner. The maitre d' there calls me 'Miz Boze'. I never bother to correct him. I just answer to it.

We came home yesterday and then Chris and Shelly took me to dinner. Chris was spending the night because he and Rose didn't want me staying alone. He wasn't much fun. He went to bed and Shelly and I stayed up and visited for a long time. He's coming today and we're going to Steak and Shake for lunch. I hope he's perked up from last night.

No comments: