Sunday, March 02, 2008

We've had a Florida day here in Missouri today. The temperature reached 75 degrees, and I did my walk in shorts and short sleeves. Cold, rain, and possible snow is forecast for tomorrow, so this springlike weather is going to be shortlived. Mark and Karen took Rose and me to brunch at an old greenhouse that's been converted into a restaurant and rental hall in Tower Grove Park this morning. We kept having to go back and fill our plates time after time. I dropped a shrimp on the floor, but Mark graciously kicked it under the table. There were things on the tables I didn't recognize, and some were named. I had never eaten them, so I tried a little bit of everything. I was a bit embarassed cause I was the last one eating but I 'cleaned up my plates'.

Pete called yesterday for our weekly update. They weren't having Florida weather in Idaho. He and Janet are already sick of winter and ready for spring. Joe had been under the weather. I talked to him on line, and he's back to normal. Joe and I and Janet and I chat on line a little bit almost every day. Remember 419W? Cut it out, kids!!

The three of us are keeping doctors busy this week. Shirley has a follow-up visit with one in the morning. I see the neurosurgeon for a followup checkup in the morning, and then I'm having my eyes checked. Rose is having a mammogram at 6:45 A.M. Wednesday and I check in at 8:30 for my IVIG. Rose then sees a neurologist that afternoon for a follow-up to her Bell's Palsy attack. She and I had dental appointments Wednesday but had to cancel cause we couldn't fit them in.

We gave Brayden tickets to Wrestlemania for his birthday and last night was the big event. Scott and Chris loved wrestling when they were kids, and Uncle Norman took them to this sort of event one time. They've never forgotten it. Jana says she and Trish loved it, too, and Bobby took them all the way to Kansas City one time to see some matches when they were kids. I'm not sure where Scott had to take them, but Brayden and Jalen were both excited about the forthcoming event.

Thanks again, Donald and Vita, for our wonderful accomodations in Florida. Our stay was just too short. I walked over 3 miles here today but the scenery wasn't nearly so enticing. Three miles here seems longer than three miles in Florida.

No comments: