Monday, June 30, 2008

Had those great updates from Kansas and from Portland. I love Sandi's referring to us as 'Aunt Camp'. We love having campers at our aunt camps and look forward to more attendees.

Mark, Brick's son, celebrated his 50th birthday on Saturday. Karen surprised him with a luau at Babler Park on Saturday afternoon. He said he knew something was up but had no idea what was coming off. Karen sent me pictures and I'll get them posted as soon as Rose has time.

It was girls' weekend down at the lake. I didn't go cause I wasn't feeling too good and it was the first one in lots of years that I missed. I think there were more than ten girls were there. They wanted a weekend without kids hanging on them all the time. The guys had a BBQ at Doug's on Saturday night and Goldman said that there were ten kids in the hot tub at one time.

I had my regular appointment today with my favorite neurologist, Dr. Hogan. He's the one who was born in the same hospital in Springfield that I was only some 18 years later It's the hospital where Joe now volunteers. Dr. Hogan didn't change any of my medication and seemed pleased with my progress. His only suggestion was that I should maybe get more exercise. I needn't go back to see him until October.

Shelly and I are off to the lake tomorrow evening to get ready for the big fireworks. Scott and the boys aren't coming because of baseball practices and an all-star game. I told Scott that I'd be really upset if they didn't come AND they got rained out over there. He replied, "We will too, mom."

No comments: