Sunday, June 08, 2008

It's Sunday and a beautiful day at the lake. Goldman and I got here on Thursday and have spent as much time as possible just lazing on the deck. We did spend quite a bit of time on Friday working on his book. He's writing and I'm editing. He spent a lot of time yesterday waximg and shining up the Acura. Maddog got here yesterday evening just in time to have dinner with us. He had been to his grandmother's 93rd birthday party in St. Louis. I regret that I didn't have a camera. He looked spiffy. The weather has been beautiful except for some occasional thunderstorms. We have to go home for a few days tomorrow and really hate to leave.

Pete called with his Saturday morning call yesterday. He said it was cold in Idaho and some of the freeways had been closed because of the blowing winds. He said the farmers are really suffering with the weather of gas and the weather. Pete, we bought Idaho Russet potatoes and tipped the boy a quarter as you've always advised us to do when we grocery shopped.

Donald called on Friday. They had a wonderful trip to Italy. His favorite part of Italy was Venice but he would like to go back when the roads were't flooded. They had an audience with the pope. I think he said there were only 30,000 other people there at the blessing. He's going to California in a couple weeks to see the US Open. I told him I'd watch for him on TV.

Joe is wondering if any of you remember the name(s) of Granddad's sister(s) who 1. was a Penecostal preacher 2. didn't trust banks and kept her money in her purse and 3. raised billy goats. He hopes to be having lunch with Mike Madden and is going to ask Mike if Uncle Curt wouldn't let the Aunt keep the goats on his property because the property wasn't fenced for goats. Pete says goats can climb and have to have special fencing. I want to know why a person would keep goats AND how big was that purse.

Sandi will be here on Wednesday and I'm so looking forward to her visit.

I have such great neighbors here at the lake. They came over this morning with a huge pot, big bag of potting soil and plants that they planted for me. Friday they brought me a bottle of wine they want me to try. I can't do much in return but my boys are helpful over there when needed. I'm the only original owner in the subdivision.

No comments: