Friday, June 13, 2008

Joe, Lisa, and Lydia met Mike M. over in KC Kansas last Monday at some fancy restaurant (fancy, per Mike) and had a wonderful visit. They had a scuffle over the check and Joe won. Joe, I hope you had Pete's credit card. Mike sent me a picture that was taken in the early 60's that Margaret, Rose and I all claim to be "the pretty one". I'll have Rose post it on this blog to see if anyone else has an opinion on who's who.

Sandi LL got here Wednesday evebing. Rose, Shirley, and I got to keep her just until Thursday morning then Shirley had to go to Chicago. Rose had clients and a webcam class. Maddog and I came back down to the lake. SO the Abbotts get her for a few days. She's going to stay with them and go to Nathan and Nicole's wedding on Saturday and then come down here to the lake to spend some time with me. Two weeks just isn't enough time for all the time we want with her. Maudie is in Conway with her sister Vivian. She wasn't feeling very well yesterday but I haven't heard today.

One thing that Sandi and I had wanted to do while she's here was go to Marshfield and do the Turnbo tour with Joe. Joe's sister-in-law, Louise, is in the hospital in Springfield and is very ill. An email from Joe this morning said she's 'holding her own' but if you can't do the tour this year we'll understand and give you a raincheck.

A raincheck is certainly in order. We had a downpour and thunderstorm this morning and it's still raining this afternoon. Maddog and I had a wonderful dinner at my favorite restaurant last night. It's Brayden's favorite restaurant. We were going out for dinner New Year's Eve and this is where he wanted to come. He didn't know and didn't care it was 170 miles away. Maddog had to pick his dad up in Jeff City from a hospice where he's been adapting to his second prosthesis. His dad lives down here.

Chris and Shelly are coming down tonight. I hope the weather clears up so we can enjoy some sunshine. Donald, I've been watching for you at the US Open. Did you have a red shirt on?

No comments: