Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Schools out! Today was Goldman's last day of school, and he and I will head down to the lake first thing in the morning. He's going to work on his book and I'm going to edit his book. He and I are going to spend as much time as possible at the lake this summer. I look forward to lots of sunshine,lots of company, and lots of editing.

Pete didn't get a rhubarb pie for their anniversary but he got a lemon cake like the one Janet made me at Sabrina's for my 60th birthday. She said he ate most of it himself. I'm jealous. Pete, I remember I had to share.

Sandi arrives from Portland next Wednesday night at 8:30. Rose and I will be at the airport to pick her up. She will be here until the 23rd, but already I don't think that's long enough. Tentatively, I thought she and I might go down to the lake on Thursday for a couple days. Then on Saturday the 14th Nathan, Stephanie and Dan's son, and Nicole are getting married at the Schmitt house, and the Abbott clan is planning on her being there. From then I'll just wait and see what happens. Sandi wants to visit her Larimore relatives in Conway, MO. She has a friend in Ozark she wants to see. I would like it if we could get together with brother Joe and do the Turnbo tour one day. I will try not to monopolize her company. Maudie is going to be down in the Conway area some of the time, but she won't have time to come to St. Louis. We'll miss you, Maudie.

Last Friday the GMAC office in St. Louis closed its doors. My friend Liz had to transfer to an office in Chicago or loose her 28 years seniority. GMAC and I go back a long way. From Spokane to St. Louis. Found my first husband at GMAC. Worked at three different locations in the St. Louis branch.

I talked to Joe on IM (instant messaging) yesterday, and he told me that he and Lisa and Lydia and maybe Dave are having lunch with Mike Madden near Kansas City. Lisa sees an eye doctor in Kansas City and Joe goes with her. Their lunch may have been today. I'll update that later.

Margaret said she got rid of her hospital bed on Monday, and it was good riddance. She said it was pukey ugly. She wasn't sure how to spell it - puky or pukey - but said it was ugly.

Rose and another colleague are teaching an online/webcam class this term. This will be the third one they've taught, and each one gets more sign-ups. They had some technical difficulties at first but seem to have gotten all the kinks ironed out. I took the first two and I'm sure I was the teacher's pet though I didn't deserve to be.

No comments: