Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm behind on updates so I hope I can remember all that's happened. We celebrated a great July Fourth. Doug, Suzanne, Lucas, Josie, Maddog, Goldman and I were the regulars here. We had a great new couple for the event - Mel and Tony. Eric and Julie and their boys along with some friends of theirs came over for the fireworks. We could hardly wait until dark for the presentation to start. It was spectular.

I had to go back to St. Louis for an overnight stay in the hospital for my IVIG on the 8th. I don't have to have another one for six months. The nurses and aides missed me since I hadn't been there for quite some but most of them remembered me. Chris came up and brought me Steak and Shake for lunch and also some stuff I'd forgotten.

Shelly and I spent the 1st through the 3rd here at the lake and then the evening of the 3rd the rest of the crew rolled in. Meals were delicious. Doug did a fish fry on Saturday. Denny taught him well. Maddog has been my steady companion whenever I've been here. He either goes to the store for me or accompanies me.

Goldman and I came back to the lake on the 11th. Goldman had to go back to St. Louis on the 13th to finish teaching his summer school session and then came back here to the lake on the 15th. He and I plan to stay here as much as we can until school starts to work on his book. He's writing the book and I'm editing it. I'm sure it's going to be a bestseller.

Leslie came up on Tuesday and left this morning. Meals were gourmet. Her son, Jeff, who is in the military and is stationed in Seattle will be in next Wednesday. He's going to do a two month school at Ft. Leonard Wood. His bride will come for a few days later on. I haven't met her yet so am looking forward to that. She's from the Seattle area. Jeff loves to fish and is going to come over here when he can. Chase, Leslie's other son, called me this morning from Baltimore and said he will be in Springfield in about 2 weeks and will try to get up to see me.

Rose and Shirley spent last weekend in Chicago. I talked to Margaret yesterday. They are home from the Valley for a few days. Norm has gotten one tomato from his garden. Margaret saw both doctors last week and doesn't have to go back to either for 3 months. They took the boot off of her foot and she said she's getting around pretty well.

Chris turned 39 on the 13th. Seems like just yesterday he was born. Goldman stopped by their house on the way home from here to wish him a Happy Birthday. I know he went bike riding and Shelly made him BBQ ribs but I'm not sure how else he celebrated.

Scott and the boys will be here tonight. I'm hoping the Kansas relatives will show up. Jana, John, and Ellie can't make it but I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of you.

I'm sure I left things out but will update again sooner next time.

No comments: