Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm here at Barnes-Jewish waiting for them to start my IVIG. As Goldman says, this place is a hurry up and wait time. It's 11:30 and Rose and I hurried to get here at 8:30. They'll do the IVIG and I'll go home tomorrow.

Shelly and I went down to the lake house last week Tuesday. My computer wasn't working so I was all week without it. The boat is finally fixed. That hillbilly who has had it twice now brought it back last Tuesday and now says he wants more money. I'm just going to let Doug talk with him. Shelly and I went to the license bureau to get the current sticker for the waverunner. The license bureau sent us to the court house and then we had to go back again to the license bureau. After all this running back and forth, no one rode the waverunner all weekend!

Shelly had to leave on Thursday. Maddog came over. Goldman drove down. Doug and Suzanne and the kids got there in time for Suzanne to make a big pot of spaghetti for dinner. Fireworks started popping that night but it wasn't the big night.

The Fourth of July was a real occasion!! The Nichols (Julie, John, Eric and Ryan) came for dinner but took their boat and put it in a safe place before the show started. Maddog made pork tenderloin for dinner which may become a regular on our lake menu. Neighbors all chipped in before the guys went firework shopping. Our necks hurt from looking up before the display ended. We all thought dark would never come but when it did come it lasted quite a while.

Saturday wasn't anticlimatic like we thought it might be. Tony and Melanie came in that morning on their Harley. (Tony is Maddog's stepbrother and Mel worked with Suzanne at Rawlings.) Doug fried crappie in a Denny tradition. We had mountains of food and Doug was so busy frying that he didn't get to start catching fish to put in the freezer for the next fry. We had potato skins, fries, little weiners wrapped in bacon, and by then I was too full to eat anything else. Well, I did eat several onion rings.

Traffic was miserable on the trip home Sunday. I rode with Goldman and we never did see any accidents - just volume. I have more news but will post this and more later.

No comments: