Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday morning at the lake. Scott told me I should proof read before I post. It was Jalen and Brayden who were so checking so often for our Kansas relatives to arrive and it was the boys who were trying to learrn to ski that first day down here. Scott could ski when he was younger and thinner but didn't try this time.

Pete said in his weekly call that he had been trapping raccoons and he had heard that marshmellows were good trap food. We found something even better. BEER!!!! One morning last week Goldman went outside to put the trash in the big trashcan. He could tell there was something moving around inside it so was afraid to open it. He got Doug and Maddog and a 5 gallon bucket and they were going to catch whatever was in there. They tipped the big can over and opened the lid. Out staggered a RACCOON. They called me up to see and he was really staggering. He stumbled around and half walked down the steps between the houses and half fell. They followed him down a few houses and he finally sobered up and was walking pretty good. I guess he got a beer can or two with some left in it and finished it off. They're careful about closing the can really tight.

Groves came on Sunday and brought Omaha Steaks and twice baked potatoes. They may have been the best steaks I've ever eaten. He may have paid for them with his winnings from Texas Hold'em. Stakes were't that high so he had to come back Tuesday to play again. I'm not sure who won. I had to go to bed. Rose and Shirley are eager to learn how to play Texas Hold'em when I get home.

Shelly got here Sunday evening. We saved a Omaha Steak for her. Chris had to leave. Shelly stayed until Tuesday. I think it was frustrating for her to let the boys do the cooking. We had pork tenderloin one night - Maddog's recipe. It was scrumptious. She did make some cookies which Scott said even went well with beer when they were right out of the oven.

Scott just left. He came back in to tell me there is another critter trapped in the trashcan. Mike Lynch got here yesterday. It rained all day but cleared up toward evening. We're expecting Chris and Shelly tonight and Suzanne and Trish and Ray tomorrow evening. It's supposed to be very hot today though it's cloudy this morning. I plan on going for a boat ride either today or tomorrow.

I'll post later after they let the critter out of the trashcan.

No comments: