Thursday, August 21, 2008

I had some news that I wanted to post. Fat Jack called me yesterday. I had lost his phone number and hadn't heard from him in quite some time. Some of you may remember him from Den's funeral. He sang Amazing Grace so beautifully. He and I - and Margaret, too - all worked together at Midwest Recovery. He knew or has heard about my whole family and I knew or have heard about most of his. His brother, Mike, worked with Brick and me at GMAC for a long time. One of his grandsons, Andrew, is in his second year at St. Louis University. I told him both of mine are in Sanders Elementary in Louisville, Jalen in 5th grade and Brayden in kindergarten. Brayden is not caring for school. He says he doesn't like it because he has to wear his shoes all day. Must be the hillbilly in him. He doesn't have to take naps like he had to in pre-K, though.

Rose is going hiking in Yosemite next month for a few days and I'm going to spend part of the time she's gone in Louisville. I sure hope he likes kindergarten by then. I'm going to stay with Margaret and Norm some of the time, too. We're going to make a day's excursion to Alton which is where Fat Jack lives and spend the day with him. Chris and Shelly have also asked me to stay with them part of the time and I'll want to be at the lake as much as possible. I hate to see the summer end. It's been a really great one.

We need some news from our other contributors. Jana, post those darling pictures of Ellie that you sent me. Also, I'm sure there are things happening in Washington and Oregon and other parts of the country. Sabrina, we need an Abbott posting. Margaret called me today to say she didn't have anything to say. We did talk about the dreary weather. I'm sure there's more Abbott happenings.

Shirley is in the middle of making a wonderful dinner. Rose said she didn't want a potato so I asked Shirley to bake me a really big one. Rose tends to share mine when she declines having one for herself.

Labor Day is going to be an occasion at the lake. Scott and the boys are coming Thursday night. Josie and Lukas don't have school that Friday so Doug isn't sure he can get off that Friday but Suzanne is taking off and we'll be down early. Goldman has meetings and Maddog has to work so everyone else will be down Friday evening. I'm expecting and hoping for a full house. Doug got the waverunner going and the boat is running good. Maybe I should knock on wood.

Dinner's ready. The doctor told me my potassium was low and I should eat bananas. Shirley makes sure I get my potassium. She got me some fresh apricots but I like the bananas better.

No comments: