Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I hope I'm doing this right! I'm on Rose's computer and she has lots of blogs. Just had a call from Scott. It's the first day of kindergarten. Brayden is a bus rider and he insisted on riding the bus with Jalen. First day of school for him was probably harder for Rose, Scott, and me than it was for him. He's a bus rider, you know, not a walker. His Dad and Uncle Ding were only walkers.

This was a great weekend at the lake. Maddog and I went down early Friday and then Maddog went off to be with his Dad. Mark, Karen, and Drew came from St. Louis and Kate and Austin came from Lawrence, KS. All five of those kids enjoyed the lake, the boat, and the waverunner. We've got this big round tube big enough for three people to sit on. If you get the speed up on the waverunner fast enough, it will spin the three that are on it around in circles.

Saturday was Kate's 25th birthday. She is a grown, educated, working woman now, but her Dad still baked her birthday cake and got her a Wii for her birthday. When I told Rose about his cake making abilities, she was impressed that he could even master the fancy hi-tech lake oven. She said she may try 'frying' up a cake herself. She never has. He also treated us all to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Ruthie D's.

Pictures were taken all weekend and I'm expecting some to be published. I'd do it myself but I don't know how.

Brother Joe emailed me last night and said he needed to borrow a lot of money, $28,000.00, to put a new all-season room on their house. As the conversation progressed what he was doing was replacing the old one! It was worn out.!!! Taking such special of his better half put a lot of wear and tear on that room. He was going to email Pete next.

Last week Joe and Donald and three of Donald's grandsons visited me at the lake. Joe and I both made a mental note to keep the boys' names straight with no luck. Joe was the one with freckles and belonged to Jennifer. Donald and Vita were up from Birmingham celebrating the birth of their fifth grandson. Between the two of them, they're caught up with Mama, male wise. Some pictures there would be very welcome. We would see they get posted.

After lunch that day at the lake, Joe had to rush off back to Springfield. Probably to fix supper and serve it to Mary in the new all-season room. Donald, did he need a loan that day? He whispered that maybe we should call some 800 number to verify Pete's credit card.

1 comment:

Martha Sue said...

I did post this update on Rose's computer and wanted to correct my count on males in the Felin family. Donald's two girls, Julie and Jennifer, have the five boys between them. Aunt Rose and I only wish we lived nearer cause we make wonderful babysitters The little boy across the street told me this evening that his Grandma told him that 'old women' really like little kids. His mother corrected him and told him he should say elderly. I told whichever he says, it's true. We really do like little kids.