Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Again I'm on Rose's computer but it's me updating. Chris has mine and will bring it back later this week. It was a marvelous weekend at the lake. Scott, Brayden and Jalen picked me up Thursday evening and we went on to the lake. Suzanne, Lukas, and Josie were not far ahead of us and we all drove through terrific rain and thunder storms. It stormed all night long but cleared up Friday morning. The lightning lit up the sky like fireworks and was much cheaper than buying fireworks.

Suzanne and I did the grocery shopping Friday morning and didn't leave the lake house again until yesterday. The kids played in the lake and Suzanne took them to the pool and they alternated pool, lake, and video games the whole weekend. I don't don't how many times they took their swimsuits off and then put them back on! Mike and Stacy Derrington and their two kids, Brighton and Riley, arrived that evening as did Doug, Goldman and Maddog. The weather stayed clear and nice throughout the weekend. I don't know where these kids get their energy because they didn't wind down until late any of the three nights and really didn't sleep very late in the mornings.

Doug did some fishing and I think he cleaned 2 messes of crappie. It might have been 3 messes. Brayden went fishing with him and caught one of the biggest crappie of the weekend. We'll post a picture of him and his fish when we get it. Doug rebolted the waverunner hoist. He dropped one of the bolts in the lake. Scott donned a mask, dived down to the bottom, and retrieved it!

Chris Groves arrived on Saturday afternoon with Omaha steaks for dinner. Maddog cooked them. We invited Teresa next door and Jamie and Mike from a few doors down to join us so we had a great crowd for dinner and a great dinner. I went to bed fairly early but I understand there was some dancing going on later in the evening. Teresa next door brought over some music that set Doug and Maddog's feet to moving. I don't know if they had partners or if they needed partners. They just felt like dancing.

Goldman did his back flip off the swimdock as did Jalen. Chris Groves rode the red round thing behind the boat with Jalen. The weight distribution wasn't exactly even. Not only would it not spin, Groves could barely hang on and fell (or got thrown) off several times. That was Saturday. Julie Nichols and her son John came over Sunday. Jalen, Brayden, and John rode the red thing and got it to spin, bounce and do just everything. The weight distribution was much more even which made it do what it was supposed to do. Those three boys would ride it as long as any one would pull them. Needless to say, the boat driver tired out first.

Rose and Shirley spent the weekend glued to the TV keeping track of Gustav. Shirley's sister and niece and great niece evacuated New Orleans but her brother who lives in the French Quarter stayed put. An email last night said he's fine.

I think I said something nice about the Cubs in one of my updates. Scott said I should print a retraction. Shirley says I can't. I'll leave it at that.

Rose has found a way to get around the high price of gasoline. She's been letting me buy the gas!

No comments: