Monday, September 15, 2008

It's been a while since my last update and a lot has happened. I spent last wee in Louisville with Scott and the boys. Goldman drove me over weekend before last and he stayed the weekend but had to leave Sunday for school on Momday. We had a great week. The boys aren't crazy about eating out, especially if they have to dress up at all. We did go to a place called Gattiland one night which was a pizza buffet and a game room. Scott, Sherry, and the boys played games until I thought they might be closing the place - or should I say - I hoped they might be closing the place. The boys have a dog named Layla and a cat named Leo. You hardly know Layla is around. She stays under a bed while Leo likes the bathtub. Scott brought me halfway to St. Louis Thursday evening and Goldman met us to bring me the rest of the way.

I just talked to Scott. The power is out in a lot of Louisville, remnants of Ike. He doesn't have power at home and school has already been cancelled for today and tomorrow. There are 15 Domino stores in Louisville and only 4 of them have power. He worked until 3:30 thos morning and went back at 8:30. He said he only had cold water for a shower and that helped him wake up.

Margaret called me one morning last week. She and Norm were in Louisville, too! They were just passing through on their way to North Carolina. Norm's sister, Emma, has stomach cancer and is not doing very well. I haven't heard from them since so don't know how Emma is doing or when the Abbotts will be back.

Rose is in Chicago abd Shirley is on her way home from Chicago. Goldman and I are going to pick her up at the airport. Rose spent last week hiking Yosemite. More on that and a picture Mike Madden later.

No comments: