Wednesday, October 22, 2008

First let me extend a further invitation to meet Mike Madden and family at the Oktoberfest in Hermann, MO this Saturday for dinner. Right now it's Sabrina and me that will be there but we're hoping more word gets around and more people will join us. We're meeting at around 5 at the Wine Valley Inn which is at 4th street right after you cross the bridge into Hermann if you're coming down from I 70.

Mike says there is a restaurant in an old funeral home near downtown that's kind of fun. One time the owner let them go down in the embalming room to play pool. There's also a really cool restaurant outside of town in the sticks that Mike likes. My cell phone number is 314-452-3685. Hope lots of you can come.

Rose and Shirley can't make it. They have an out-of-town guest for the weekend and a workshop they're attending that has been scheduled for some time. Margaret and Norman are closing their camper in the Valley - a very sad time for Margaret especially. She truly loves going there. Joe and family are going to Lodge of Four Seasons for Lisa to be presented some Missouri teacher's award. He wasn't sure exactly what the award is but promised to elaborate when he learns more. We'll be waiting to learn more about what the award is, Joe. I am hoping some of his family will stay at the lake house. It's all clean and ready and just waiting for someone.

Scott and the boys are going to Florida for 4 days, leaving tomorrow afternoon. They invited me to go with them but since I was just there in Louisville last weekend and they would be in Florida for a short time and I had so many things to do
this weekend, I decided to wait and spend a week in Louisville next month. I went this weekend with Chris and Shelly so they could participate in the Louisville Marathon. Shelly did the Half Marathon and Chris did the whole race. After it was over, Chris and I were standing outside and Shelly had gone to get the car. I asked him if he was cold. He said he was too sore to tell. He was going home and crawl upstairs and go to bed.

I've been 'in training' for my race on Nov. 2. I did 3 hard miles on the exercycle yesterday and walked for an hour. Today I've done 4 hard miles on the exercycle and I'm not sure about how long I'll walk today. Brayden thought I was going to do the Marathon when I told him I was going to do a race and he was going to do it with me. Jalen, on the other hand said "Granny, I don't care what you do. I'm not doing it with you." Sounded just like Scott.

Sabrina and Dave's son, Brett, is in a meet Saturday morning and I'm going to go with them to watch. It's in Herculaneum and, though Sabrina didn't know where that was yesterday, I'm sure she will by Saturday morning. After Hermann Saturday night I'm going to spend the night with them. Dave isn't going to Hermann with us because the boys are having a friend over whose parents are going to be out of town and the boys don't want to go to Oktoberfest.

Tomorrow is AUNT ROSE'S BIRTHDAY. I won't say which one but someone called here last night doing a political survey and all three of us were too old to participate!!!

It's gotten chilly here and we've reluctantly had to turn on the heat this morning. Last night we had to go out in the garage to get warm.

No comments: