Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NORMAN AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!!! We're all set for trick or treaters. Shirley has several bowls full of candy if they last till dark tonight.

I had a longer post on my last entry but somehow erased it, much to my dismay, and it was past my bedtime so I didn't completely finish my entry.

Brother Joe had some out patient repair on Monday on his open heart surgery incision. He had what they call an incision hernia. He had noticed the incision bulging ever so slightly and reported it to the rehab nurses which set up a new round of doctor visits. They said it wasn't serious but keep watching it. It kept getting larger and during his Oct. visit to the family practitioner (who's from Idaho) that doctor decided to send him to another doctor - the one who did his spleen operation in 2003. Monday was the day for the surgery and the hole was larger than the doctor expected but Joe now has it meshed and he's back on more pills for a few days and no driving for a few days.

Scott and the boys just returned from four days at Panama City Beach. They had invited me to go with them but it was a long ride for such a short stay and it was a weekend when I had lots of other things to do insyead of a quiet do-nothing weekend. I hope the boys missed me but I doubt it. They skipped two days of school but the principal said if they made a journal of their trip and turned it in they wouldn't be counted as absent. They jumped on that opportunity or should I say, Scott jumped at that opportunity. They didn't care if they were counted absent.

Chase Heilman (Leslie's son) is on the last voyage of the QE2. He's making a documentary of the voyage and already has lots of interest in people who are on the ship. His address again is ChaseHeilman.com The

No comments: