Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I may just get started and have to finish later but I do have some updates. Margaret and Norm got back from N. Carolina late Sunday night. She said they were going to stop about 4 hours away but were eager to get home so just came on in.

Yesterday was Randy's birthday. Happy belated birthday, Randy. I haven't heard how Catrina did on the Lupus walk on Sunday. We need an update, Catrina.

This was a big weekend at the lake house. There were 14 guys there at one time. It wasn't to be a work weekend but Doug had some things that needed doing and couldn't have a good time until they were done. A new screen door upstairs and a new lock and door knob for the shed were the two chores I knew about but Doug can't have a good time if he sees something that needs doing right away. He told me the screen needed replacing since air conditioning weather was over.

I'll let one of the guys name the fellows that were there but I bet the old fisherman who wondered how many kids I have is really puzzled now. Scott told us a dream one of the guys (Groves) had while they were there. In the dream I was up by the pool and some guy decked me so then I beat the crap out of the guy. The little boys - and probably the big ones too - loved the dream.

Another of Doug's chores was catching and then frying the fish for the fish fry. He had caught most of them and put them in the freezer. A staple they usually have is fried potatoes but I can't imagine frying potatoes for fourteen guys. I haven't if they had fried potatoes or who peeled and fried them. They consider that their vegetable.

I hope they took some pictures. An update with names, pictures, and any corrections on my entry is looked forward to. There was a poker game that lasted off and on for the three day weekend and I heard that Scott was the big winner and Goldman did not fare well but didn't get any other details and got no monetary amounts or names of any other winners or losers.

Scott dropped the boys off with us Thursday evening. By the way, they didn't play hooky on Friday. There was no school on Friday. Rose took them to the indoor pool on Friday. She forgot something in the car and sent Jalen back to get it. When Jalen came back, some man followed him and complimented Rose on what a polite young man Jalen was. Needless to say, Aunt Rose was quite the proud Auntie and was almost still grinning by the time they got home.

Lots more to update but it's lunchtime.

No comments: