Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I've got lots of happenings since my last post and probably won't get all caught up tonight but I'l start. First I had this passed on to me from Joe who claimed it came from a wise old Indian Chief when he was asked his take on Daylight Savings Time: "Only the Whie Man is dumb enough to believe a person can make his blanket longer by cutting a strip off thevtop of the blanket and re-sewing it back on the bottom of the blanket." It is food for thought.

Last Saturday I went to Herculaneum with Sabrina and Dave to watch Brett, their youngest, in a cross country race. Brett placed second out of about at least 150 other boys. There were several other schools in the race and Brett's school placed first in the competition. Brett had a friend who was spending the night because his parents were out of town. I asked the boy where his parents were and he said his mother was a Spanish teacher and they were at the Lodge of Four Seasons for some teacher to get an award. I, of course, told him that teacher was my niece. Congratulaions again, Lisa and Brett!!!

Saturday night Sabrina and I met Mike and Sarah Madden in Hermann, MO. Neither Sabrina nor I had met Sarah and were immediately taken with her. I'm eager for her to come meet the rest of the family. Mike says Sabrina is just as delightful as she was as a kid. I'll certainly agree with that. Mike took us to a place he called 'out in the sticks' and it was but looks were deceiving. The place was elegant and the meal was superb. We finished the evening with Sabrina and Sarah playing some game in a bar in uptown (or downtown, I'm not sure) Hermann and Mike and I caught up on old times. As they say down home, 'a good time was had by all'.

I've got more catching up to do but it's bedtime. More tomorrow. NEED UPDATES.

No comments: