Tuesday, October 07, 2008

One night last week brother Joe had pizza at Pizza Inn in Springfield. I'm not sure but I bet the rest of his family joined him. Part of the proceeds from the evening's sales went to his grandaughter Lydia's cheerleading team. The cheerleading team is striving to earn enough money to go to Orlando, Fl., for the Capitol Football Game. They will perform either at half time or in the parade, I'm not sure. Joe says they are well on the way to their goal. Joe, I may have my facts confused so check it out with Lydia and we'd love to have a picture of Lydia to post on the blog.

Back to the weekend. On Saturday Rose and the boys and I had lunch at Macaroni Bar and Grill which is one of their favorite places and then met Suzanne and Josie and Lucas at a place called Skyzone. Jalen had looked it up on line and there's only two of them in the world. One's here in St. Louis and the other is in California. They were doing a land office business. Sabrina had told me about it so I was prepared for this gigantic room with huge trampolines and all the kids did was jump, jump, jump. There were grown people jumping around on them too but Rose and Suzanne and I just watched. Their time was limited to an hour and all of them were dripping with sweat at the end of the hour. We let them play at Lucas and Josie's after Skyzone and were very unpopular with all the boys when it was time to leave. Brayden and Jalen wouldn't speak to us all the way home. Brayden said, when he was finally speaking, that playing at their house was more fun than Skyzone.

This is a Chicago weekend for Rose and Shirley. Shirley leaves Thursday and Rose leaves on Saturday. Scott enjoyed teasing Shirley about the Cubs loosing out on their chance for winning the World Series when he picked the boys up on Sunday. She is a loyal Cubs fan.

Brayden didn't feel well Saturday evening and again Sunday. We gave him some liquid baby aspirin and it would perk him up for a while. Scott said he was a bit lethargic Sunday evening but fine yesterday and today. I remember Mother shaking her head and saying to me "I don't know how I raised 8 kids without a pediatrician." I figured with Brayden it would go away pretty quickly. Again yesterday and today there was no school. That used to always make Chris feel better no matter what was wrong with him.

No comments: