Friday, October 17, 2008

Rose finally got the pictures of our track star posted. He has come in first place in the last two meets and the next one is on the 25th in Herculaneum and I plan on going with Sabrina and Dave to watch him win again. He is only in eighth grade but the running coach has already approached about being on the team next year.

Christopher is running in a marathon in Louisville on Sunday and Shelly is running in a half marathon. Chris explained to me the difference in some of this racing. Guys like Brett are running to win while guys like Chris are just trying to finish. I'm in Chris's category. Chris walked with me 2.5 miles on the Katy Trail last night and the last half mile was pure torture. It was pitch dark. We could hear noises in the bushes. I was holding on to Chris's arm and he said I was pushing him in the ditch occasionally. I'm going to sign up for a race of 3.1 miles on Nov. 2 and have lots of training to do. I'm also going to make sure it's in broad daylight.

I had a nice email from that King girl in Springfield. Her son Chase left for London this week and here's his blog address. I especially love the sailboat picture. ChaseHeilman.com He may be a famous photographer someday. Jeff is probably going to be deployed to Iran or Afghanistan in the spring. This will be his 3rd trip over there.

Chris took me to Steak n Shake last night after our walk and when he ordered a portabela mushroom burger I had to call Goldman to see if he thought this was Iron Man food. Chris immediately told us this burger was for Shelly abd not for him. He insisted I watch when we got to their house that he didn't eat it.

We need UPDATES from our other contributors!!!!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

It's actually cross-country, rather than track. Both running, but in cross-country they don't run on a track.

Anonymous said...

And cross-country is more long distance running than track - that has shorter distance sprints, etc.