Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We've got some new pictures but Rose isn't back from Chicago until later today so she will post them when she gets back. Shirley got back yesterday and is very sick this morning. She said she did sleep in between coughing but is canceling her client sessions today. Goldman and I picked her up at the airport yesterday afternoon and then he and I went to Ozzie's for dinner. Shirley was sick but worrying about my dinner.

Pete called Saturday morning with his weekly report. We got cut off when my cell phone quit working as Goldman and I pulled into the overhang at the bank. We had just dropped Rose off at the airport for her trip to Chicago. Margaret is back to baking pies which I'm sure Norm is happy about. She told me that Sabrina took what was left of one she made last week so she had made Norm another one yesterday. We could help him with that one.

Donald called yesterday. They're headed to Missouri next week for Grandparent's Day. They had just returned from Florida and a few days at the beach. Scott and Sherry were in Florida and had told me the weather wasn't so nice. Donald said he guessed it didn't matter. The shopping malls were open.

Chris and I walked 2 miles on the Katy Trail last Thursday. Shelly and the dogs joined us for part of the way but she took the dogs home before we made the two miles. Chris has come up with idea that I should get in a race. The only slow race that I ever knew of was when Scott and Chris were little and I'd tell them to do something and they'd have a 'slow race'. It would infuriate me. I just talked to Scott and he was all for my doing it. He and the boys had done one for a mile a few weeks ago. It was for a fitness thing for school. He and Chris both pointed out to me it's not really a race. People do it just to see if they can finish. Chris is running in a marathon this weekend in Louisville. He's thinking about joining a gym to train swimming. He says if you bike or run you can stop and rest but if you're swimming and get tired, you drown. He's says he's not ready for the Iron Man.

Suzanne had a baby shower for Angie Slayton on Saturday and Goldman took me over there. I got to see some people I hadn't seen in a while and had some great food. I'm sorta bossy so Suzanne kept reminding that this was her house - not mine! I spent the night and at 6:03 A.M. one of the cats jumped in bed with me. Rose's question: "Did it live?" Goldman brought me home and we drove by the old Glenlea house. It looks like an old neighborhood. The trees are huge and the zoysia grass is beautiful. Wait til it turns brown and the huge tree starts dropping leaves and sweet gum balls. It won't look so good.

Chris came over Sunday night to spend the night. Shelly didn't feel good so didn't want to have dinner out with us. Chris was adamant about eating at the Cheesecake Factory. First they seated us outside at a dirty table and then made us get up and move. We told them we didn't mind the dirty table but they did. The inside was full so we had to wait. Chris wanted to eat there because he wanted an eggplant sandwich. I had never heard of an 'eggplant sandwich'. I'm sure he never had one when he was growing up and it doesn't sound like Iron Man food. He did eat it all. I had crabcakes.

Goldman and Doug play hockey on Sunday nights. When Doug gets home he puts his gear - all zipped up in a huge bag - in the garage. Suzanne says he doesn't even bother sometimes to takes his jersey out of the bag. Goldman says sitting by him on the bench about makes him puke. This week while I was there he took all this stuff out of the bag and aired it out. He even washed his jersey. There's lots of protective equipment that a hockey player wears and as it was airing out on the deck outside Suzanne sprayed it was some stuff that I think is for diaper pails. Doug came back from the store, came out on the deck, and had a fit. "I'm not going to hockey smelling like a baby's butt!" These were not exactly his words! Goldman did say he did smell much better and their team won the game and Goldman scored three goals.

Mike Madden and family are going to be in Herman, MO on for Oktoberfest on the 25th and the and the current plan is for some of us to meet him for dinner on the evening of the 25th. Sabrina and Dave and I are planning on going and I'm not sure who else. Sabrina wasn't sure about her boys. Margaret wanted to know when it was so I'm hoping she and Norm can make it.

We need some updates from our contributors!!!

No comments: