Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm behind on posting and hope I can remember the past week. I had a great birthday on the 23rd. Mark Lary, Karen, Chris aka Ding, and Shelly took me to JJ's for dinner. I got lots of cards, letters, emails and phone calls, too numerous to mention. I don't feel 65.

Suzanne Hollensbe turned 40 this week. Mad Dog and I kept confusing the day but belated Happy Belated Birthday, Suzanne. You're not old!

Mad Dog took me down to the lake on Friday, and we had a beautiful day on Saturday. However, it rained and wasn't such great weather on Sunday Mad Dog did the grocery shopping, cooking, cleanup, and ran back and forth between checking on me and his dad. Aunt Rose met us in Kingdom City on Monday for the trip home. Mad Dog is one special young man!

Rose has an Apple computer lesson today at noon, and I'm going to the Galleria to the Starbucks store to wait for her. Somehow my West Coast relatives know that Starbucks is our latest addiction and sent me a gift certificate for Starbucks. I'm going to hang out there, have coffee and read my Kindle. Thanks, West Coast relatives! Chris and Shelly gave me a gift certificate for new books for my Kindle.

My yoga class was rained out yesterday. Rose, Karen and I were going to go to an outdoor class that Vicki is teaching. It's on Wednesdays, and we'll try again next Wednesday.

Our friend Mary Myers had a terrible attack of kidney stones. She was in horrible pain and went to the hospital. They sent her home and two hours later she went back and was admitted. She's home now with pain pills and they're just waiting for stones to pass. Mary, we're praying for you.

No comments: