Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This is a continuation of the last post. I accidentally logged off and didn't even proofread it so allow for any errors or omissions. I think Pete and I were at lunch with Donald and Vita when I ended the last post. Donald drove us there and back through Forest Park and at one point Vita asked him why were we going by the birdcage AGAIN. He told her that Pete was really wanting to see it and then explained to Pete that it was built for the 1904 World's Fair and told him some other facts about it. Pete told me later he'd never heard of the Birdcage but we sure both enjoyed the ride through the park and the company. We had a great visit but ate too much lunch.

Goldman came over after school on Monday so he could see Uncle Pete for a little while. Goldman has known our family since kindergarten and knows most of us. He then went to the airport to pick up Shirley. Pete and I went to JJ's in St. Charles to meet up some of the group for supper. Margaret drove herself in their modern and big truck. She said Norm wouldn't come so she just came without him. She looked very pretty all dressed up in blue. She says Sabrina picks out all her clothes. Chris says JJ's has great hamburgers, and they were very good. JJ's also had great bread pudding. Two servings was more than enough for the four of us. Rose and I have become connoisseurs of bread pudding, and I'm eager to go back for seconds.

Tuesday was Pete's last day here. If he had stayed a few more days, he would really have learned his way around. He and I went to the airport just as Rose's flight was arriving and met her and Donald and Vita at the Starbuck's in the airport. That's where the pictures in the previous post were taken. It was Rose's camera, so there isn't one of her. We all sat around and talked about the next generation and their offspring. We all agreed our visit just wasn't nearly long enough.

Had an email from Janet this morning thanking us for taking care of Pete. On the contrary, Janet, you have him well trained. He took very good care of me. I have a lot more things to tell on the blog, but it's my bedtime.


We need stories and happenings and pictures from family and friends all over the country. Send them to me and I'll blog them or be a contributor. Either would be great. Everyone loves updates.

No comments: