Monday, May 18, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BROTHER JOE!!! When he and I talked on IM last night, it sounded like he and his family had celebrated the occasion yesterday. Keep celebrating and enjoying the day today, Joe.

I'm behind on my postings but so is everyone else so I'll try to update best as I can. The last two Thursdays Ding and I have been going out to dinner. Rose and Shirley both have clients on Thursday evenings so we take the opportunity to enjoy dinner out. Sometimes either Shelly or Goldman joins us but neither could on either of these two weeks. We went to Macaroni Bar and Grill both of these weeks and seem to be stuck in a rut going there. This week Chris has tickets to see the Cardinals play the Cubs so we won't have to have to make the decision on where to go. We won't be going anywhere!

Last week Saturday Goldman, his new girlfriend Suzanne, and I went out to dinner. She is a lovely woman and I look forward to getting better acquainted with her. After dinner we came back here and she seemed perfectly at ease with Rose, Shirley, and me. That is an admirable asset and definitely in her favor.

Last Friday Karen picked me up and we went out to Bemes for a tour of the facility and to join Mark Lary and Ding for lunch. I was quite impressed with Bemes and the operation of the facility. It is much bigger than I thought it was going to be and seemed to run very smoothly. Employees were very friendly and seemed happy to meet Mark and Ding's mother. I won't wait so long to go back next time if someone will come get me. Thank you, Karen! We went out for lunch after my tour of the place and then Karen brought me home.

When I got back from my tour and lunch, part of my harem (as my friend Mary calls my young men and women who take such good care of me) were ready for our trip to the lake and weekend down there. This weekend it was Mad Dog and Doug. It was hot when we arrived but chilly and windy on Saturday. Doug fished and was going to catch enough for dinner on Saturday but, luckily, we had backup plans for the menu. We had steak for dinner. The fish just weren't biting.

Sunday was the annual propery owner's association meeting. There were't too many issues that weren't settled and the meeting just took up a lot of the day which was nice weather compared to the windy Saturday. Doug got the boat running and it's going good. The waverunner is ready to go.

Next weekend is the first weekend of the summer season and everyone is invited. Right now the following are coming: Doug and Suzanne and the kids, Scott and the boys, Mad Dog, Goldman and myself. I'm not sure if Sherry is coming. I hope more people show up. It's not very far from Springfield nor from Kansas or the west side of Missouri or from St. Louis area. Suzanne is going to pick me up on her way home from work tonight so we can decide what we're going to eat this weekend. Mad Dog and I may go down Thursday and do some grocery shopping and to get ready for the holiday. Mad Dog checks on his Dad and stocks him up on groceries and any needed medicines.

I hope it's going to be hot next weekend. The pool is heated but the lake is going to be cold. Brayden says he's going to learn to water ski this year and he usually does what he sets his mind to doing. He called me the other day to tell me he had played first base at his game that day and had got four guys out in a row. He's a great little ball player.

Pete, email me the names of those fish you caught in Florida and left for us. Karen took them to have Mark cook for us and I know you told me wkat they are but email me so I can remember long enough to tell her. Red herring is one isn't it?

I probably got more news but gotta go right now. More later. By the way, I love it when Rose puts in pictures.

No comments: