Saturday, May 09, 2009

I'll try to remember all that's happened since my last post. Goldman and I went out to dinner on that Thursday and had a very nice evening. The next evening Scott and the boys picked me up on their way to the lake from Louisville. They both stayed awake all the way there. In fact, so did I. When we arrived at the lake house and got unloaded, Scott went grocery shopping and both boys chose to stay with with me. I was flattered and pleased.

The boys and I got up Saturday morning,, and Jalen made bacon and French toast for breakfast. They are both getting to be so grown up. Jalen can cook but Scott says he's slow at learning to do dishes - even with the dishwasher. Scott did get ,but Jalen was going to take him breakfast in bed if he had stayed in bed. Scott had to go to Columbia on an errand and when he got back he and the boys spent the afternoon at Miner Mike's. Much to Scott's relief the place closed at 5 or he would have probably reluctantly stayed longer.

Leslie got there from Springfield around 9 that morning. We had a wonderful day of visiting. She made lasagna ,for dinner. She made extra for me to bring back to Rose and to Goldman. Rose and I had ours for dinner on Sunday but I doubt that Goldman's lasted until dinner time that evening. He's still talking acout it as are Rose and I. We all left the lake early on Sunday because Scott had that long drive back to Louisville ahead of him. I did get to talk to both of Leslie's boys, Chase and Jeff, and am pretty sure I'll get to see them both this summer. Chase lives in New Jersey now and you can look up his photography accomplishments on google at Chase Heilman Photography. Jeff is still in the service, has a family, is stationed in Seattle, Washington. He will spend some time at Ft. Leonard Wood this summer.

Congratulations to the Moore family. I have the playpen and the little crib at the lakehouse all ready for your visit. I'm hoping nice weather will soon be here. It's been a long time coming. Lots more bad weather in Kansas and southern Missouri. Wind blew the roof off of a school in Fair Grove.

Scott and the boys have been rained out of their little league games and practices all week. He's taking them to Cincinnati to see the Cardinals play tomorrow. I told the boys we will look for them. Scott said they will be in the cheapest seats.

Chris and I went to dinner on Thursday evening. I get to meet Goldman's girlfriend this evening. The three of us are going to dinner, and then we're coming back here we can visit with Rose and Shirley. Chris and Shelly are having me out for Mother's Day brunch. Rose and Shirley can't go, so Chris is going to call for me in the morning.

I wanted to put in one of Brayden's funny lines. He said his mother took him to church on Christmas Eve. I asked him how he liked it. He gave me an odd look and replied "It souded like blah blah blah to me". He said he hasn't wanted to go back.

No comments: