Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'll update a bit of Memorial Day happenings at the lake. We had great weather until it was a bit overcast and threatening on Monday when we had to leave anyway. We had a great group with Scott and the boys, Suzanne and Doug and the kids, Goldman, Mad Dog, Groves and me. Eric and Julie Nichols and their kids and Chris and Jane Crawford and their kids came over by boat for a visit. Our kids were all interested in going to the pool and spent as much time there as they could when they could get a grownup to stay there with them. They also spent a lot of time in the lake.

The three boys (Lukas, Jalen, and Brayden) rode the Orbit - that spinning red thing that gets pulled behind the boat - a lot of times. The boys can all ride at the same time. Doug was so good to take them in the boat. The boat ran really well, and no one wanted to ride the waverunner Doug would have loved to have done more fishing and did do some with Brayden and Lukas usually right along side of him. They were all more interested in the boat. Jalen got up on waterskis but fell the first time when he had hold with one hand while pulling up his pants. He then got up and stayed up when he managed his swim trunks better. Suzanne skied just long enough to prove she could do it. She showed all the old guys up because none of them would even try it.

Monday was Sabrina and Shirley's birthdays. I rode home from the lake with Scott and the boys. When they dropped me off and Brayden learned it was Shirley's birthday he assumed there was going to be cake. Instead he had chocolate coffee. He had such a good time at the lake that he laid down on the steps and cried as we were preparing to leave. He was just not ready to go home.

I talked to Margaret for just a few minutes today. She said she and Norm had been down to the valley for the holiday and just got back yesterday. Said they had a great time and weren't sure whether or not they were going back this weekend or not. Kids were all fine. Margaret had talked to Pauline on Sunday and things were good in Great Bend.

Shirley goes to Chicago tomorrow and Rose leaves Saturday. Chris and Shelly and I are heading to the lake Friday afternoon. Mark and Karen and I'm not sure who else are coming too. Mark and Karen now have six baby chicks, and I'm not sure who's minding the chicks. One is named after me, but I can change it's name if I want to. I''m not sure what to so. Weekend weather forecast is promising. It's finally turned nice weather. I'm just looking forward to the weekend and seeing everybody.

No comments: