Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I'll do a quick update. After Jana's flattering contribution to the blog I don't know what to say. Goldman and I went down to the lake last Thursday and Mad Dog was there when we got there. School is out for Goldman and summer school doesn't start until the 15th. We stayed until Monday. John and Jana and 'the girls' got there late Thursday and we had a great weekend. Goldman and Mad Dog cooked brisket one night and chicken fettucine another night. They were great at cooking but disappeared soon after dinner. Jana didn't seem to mind her kitchen duties. John was very good at diaper duties. I loved just sitting and holding the baby. Ellie didn't meet a stranger and kept us all entertained. Sunday night we cleaned up leftovers after John and Jana and the girls left. John had to go to work Monday morning. Jana is still on maternity leave. Kaitlyn is only a month old.

I had my weekly talk with Pete Saturday morning and talked with brother Joe on line some that day, too. Saturday was Lisa's birthday so belated Happy Bithday, Lisa. Pete and Jana were enjoying their having another great grandchild. Joe is still trying to figure out the relationship between these great great nieces and nephews of ours. We just know we're great great aunts/uncles!!! I'd underline it but don't know how.

The Abbotts are going back to the lake with me this Thursday. I'm so tickled that they're going to do that. It should be a quiet weekend and Norm can fish if he wants to and Margaret and I can just sit in the shade and relax. We'll come back Sunday and I have to go in for my IVIG on Monday. Then on Tuesday evening Chris has tickets for me and him to see the Cardinals play Detroit. I hope I get out of the hospital that day in time to rest before the game that evening.

No comments: