Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm behind on my updates but so is everyone else. Margaret, Norman, and I went down to the lakehouse last weekend and had a marvelous time. We left Thursday afternoon and ate at my favorite restaurant Thursday evening. Norman cooked the meat on the grill the rest of our stay. He didn't like my grill the first time he tried it but decided it was pretty easy to use before the weekend was over. He didn't do any fishing but it looked like no one was catching anything. Brother Joe surprised us by agreeing to drive us and have dinner with us on Saturday evening and Margaret surprised him by baking a homemade apple pie. She remembered there's only one kind of homemade pie he doesn't like - a small one!!!! Rose thought perhaps this was a small one - We didn't have any left to bring home to her. We ate it all before we came home early Sunday afternoon, much to her chargrin.

Early Monday morning Rose took me down to Barnes Hospital for my periodic IVIG treatment. They got me in to a room right away and I thought they were going to start treatment right away. But after all this time I should have known better. I got there at 8 and it was about 2 before they started the first IV. The treatment finished sometime in the night and I waited for release until midafternoon. I got home and napped.

Tuesday evening was great. Chris came for dinner and then he and I proceeded to Busch Stadium to watch the Cardinals beat Detroit 11 to 2. At least I think that was the score. Anyway we beat them really bad.

I've got more news but breakfast is ready. Also, need news posted from other parts of the country.

No comments: