Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I'm up early so thought I'd update before the day got busy. I'm at the lake. Chris and I came down Friday. Mad Dog had a wonderful dinner waiting here. He makes great pork chops, among other things. Chris, Shelly, and Mark Lary are going to participate in a triathalon next Saturday and Chris did some exercise for it. I laid around and Mad Dog hovered. He takes good care of me. Chris left Sunday but Mad Dog and I aren't leaving until this morning.

Pete called Saturday morning. It was his and Janet's 52nd wedding anniversary. He said Janet hadn't been feeling very good but she's put up with a lot for 52 years!!! They were going out to dinner with some of the family. Seriously, appy belated Anniversary!!!

Talked with Joe too. He's sopposed to send me an email with the news so we can just post it. I tyoe so slowly. Joe Felin, get with it.

Shirley got back from Chicago yesterday. Rose gets back today. Weather has been Missouri hot here. Got up to 90 yesterday.

The General Motors bankruptcy filing yesterday was really bad for some of my old GMAC friends. They had seen it coming but really prayed it wouldn't.

This weekend is one I'm just really looking forward to. Goldman and I are coming down Thursday. Jana, John, Ellie and the baby will arrive hopefully Thursday night. John is taking off Friday. Suzanne, Doug, Lukas and Josie will get here Friday evening. Mad Dog hopes (and so do I) he can get back Saturday evening. I like it so much when everyone is here and enjoys the lake. Doug's the fisherman but the kids may not give him time to fish.

I've got more news but got to get moving. More later.

No comments: