Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Will try to remember all that's happened the last week. Scott and the boys came over from Louisville last weekend and picked me up and we headed for the lake. It was a great weekend but very hot. Groves joined us and brought some wonderful filets and twice baked potatoes from the Butcher Shoppee. Mad Dog didn't get there until Saturday morning and thought I was mad at him because we didn't get there sooner. I think I got through to him that I was only disappointed and always like riding with Brayden and Jalen. Jalen made breakfast Sunday morning in honor of Scott for Father's Day. We had bacon and French toast. I'm not sure who cleaned up the kitchen when breakfast was finished. Belated Happy Father's Day to all you Father's who are faithful readers out there. Hope you had a good day.

The beginning of summer came into Missouri with a vengeance, didn't it? It is surely hot and supposed to stay that way for several more days per the forecast. Saturday night is the fortieth birthday party for all the young people who have been around us for most of those forty years. I won't begin to name them until after the party. The event is going to be held at Chris and Shelly's house and will honor several of those turning forty this year, Chris amongst them. Rose, Shirley, and I are going to this special, special event.

This is a short entry but will try to add more later this afternoon.

No comments: