Monday, July 27, 2009

I'll finish the entry I started this morning. I believe Margaret and Norm have been staying in their camper down in the valley. I had a short E-mail from brother Joe that he and Lydia had met Donald and Vita and four of their grandsons at Silver Dollar City this weekend for an outing. Donald and Vita and the four grandsons were going back to Plattsburg this week (where daughters Julie and Jennifer live) and then flying with the boys back to Florida. Joe said the youngest turned one-year-old
on Sunday.
Rose has been picking and weighing tomatoes. There's been a total of a little over 5 pounds so far. It amounts to one and sometimes 2 a day. Our Dad would be proud!

Now for the attendees at girls' weekend. We're all (my being the very oldest) not to be called girls but we still refer to it ourselves as such at least once a year. There were: Suzanne Hollensbe, Rachel Taxman, Julie Nichols, Laura Bedo, Laurie Stallings, Tricia Paschke, Melanie Dobin, Stacey Derrington, and myself. We didn't play any organized sports like the float trip participants did but all had a most enjoyable time. Very little cooking had to be done because they had it all done when they got there. Needless to say, we ate well.

Speaking (or writing) of eating well, Goldman and I went down to the lakehouse on Tuesday and on Wednesday Dave and Judy Meisel treated us to dinner at my favorite nearby restaurant. The place overlooks the lake and has wonderful food. Dave ordered alligator and I'm not sure he liked it. He offered me a taste but I didn't think I would like it.

It's past my bedtime and I'm still waiting for updates from others. Good night and hope to hear from you soon.

No comments: