Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's been a quiet few days around here with our boys missing. They spent the night at the Hollensbe's on Friday. I was going to also, but when Rose and I got out there, I had forgotten my medicine. We turned around and came back home, and I went out Saturday morning. Doug and Suzanne and the kids met other kids and parents at Bouncy-U that afternoon for Josie's birthday party and then came back to the Hollensbe house for a barbeque. I chose to wait at home and was glad I did. Brayden and Jalen were exhausted by the time we left that night. Jalen stubbed one of his little toes while he was playing that night and was in terrific pain. They were both so tired on Sunday morning that they were still sleeping when Scott picked them up on his way home from their annual float trip.

Goldman and I are headed to the lake this morning. I'll probably wake him up when I call over there but I'm up and ready to go. I'm feeling good again and really looking forward to some lake time.

The truth is I've been having some minor spells and I believe the neurologist is just as frustrated and puzzled as I am about what's causing them and how to stop them. I'm now in the 'donut hole' medicine-wise in this miserable insurance plan the Republican party concocted. The neurologist, Dr. Hogan (he's the one born in the same hospital that I was, just several years later), wants me to come in for a long visit on the tenth for a more extensive examination to get me into a research program ,in which I would qualify for some free medicines among other things. I'm not sure what the plan entails but the doctor's nurse seemed excited about it and I'll know more on the 10th. Rose has to be in Chicago that day so I am counting on Chris to go with me.

I talked to Margaret briefly this weekend. They were on the way to the Valley and weren't sure when they were coming home. Rose and Shirley have been fighting over who gets to pick our daily tomato. They're taking turns and argue about the degree of ripeness. I have an opinion but try to stay out of it.

No comments: