Monday, August 03, 2009

Chris and Shelly have left us in suspense on their way to Uncle Pete's house. Their update so far has been great. Waiting for the next post.

I'm at the lake sitting outside on a beautiful morning. This is the 18th kids week here - no children allowed - and will run till Friday. Needless to say, the 'kids' have turned into practically middle-aged. I still call them kids and they certainly take good care of me. On Friday I'm expecting lots of Kansas relatives and looking forward to that too.

Goldman, Mad Dog and I arrived last Thursday. Scott came from Louisville Friday evening. He said he would be here at 7:30; I looked at the clock when he pulled up--7:30. Groves and Dave Smith (Sabrina's husband) also arrived that evening. We called it my male harem. Three of them had to leave yesterday but Mad Dog and Goldman are still here. I've hardly moved off the lower level except to go to bed but plan to go to town today. Scott has lost over 40 pounds and refuses to buy himself some new pants so I'm going to buy him some. I've been calling him 'baggy britches' and 'droopy drawers' which is what Joe used to call me when I was a kid. He did say the food was so good down here that he was afraid he had gained back some that he had lost this weekend. He will be back with the boys this coming weekend.

The waverunner is in the shop but should be fixed any day now. One of my good neighbors helped us put it on the trailer and take it to the shop to avoid an extra cost. Another neighbor offered his waverunner cause he and his family are off to, of all places, Idaho, for the rest of the week. It's Dover, ID. I'm having the shop talk to Doug about what they're doing to the waverunner because he has already done some things and knows the most about it. He and Suzanne couldn't make it this weekend, but we've talked often. They really hate missing being here. It may be the first kids week they've had to miss.

Margaret called yesterday. They were still 'down in the valley' but had to go home today. She had talked to Donald and to Pauline yesterday. Everything was good with Pauline. Donald and Vita were going to Florida today with four of their five grandsons. Sounds like a great trip.

Reading over old blog entries, I think I used to be wittier than I am now. I'll try to regain my wit. I'm limited to 16 ounces of liquid a day (because of low blood sodium) and the boys watch me closely. I may be up through tomorrow with my coffee already.

Mad Dog and Goldman aren't up yet but it's about time I got them up. When everyone was all here, they played cards until 3 A.M. one night, and I'm not sure about the next night. It's time for breakfast.

Looking very forward to next weekend and loving it that I can be here all week. Mike Lynch is coming tomorrow for kids week and I hope more 'old' kids come too. Leslie (my wonderful Springfield beighbor) may come up for a day. Sam has to work and keep those damndogs (one word). I'm trying to talk Joe into coming up - at least for a day. Rose has to be in Chicago next weekend and can't come and hates that.

Going to sign off. NEED MORE POSTS.

No comments: