Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This week I'm in St. Louis for my second week back to work since maternity leave and I've really missed the girls. Ellie told me tonight that she wanted me to come home now and it made me said since my flight doesn't leave until tomorrow. I heard Kaitlyn screaming in the background and it made me feel even worse.

Last weekend we went to the Ozarks to visit Great Aunt Sue. Uncle Joe, Aunt Debbie, Sabrina, Martesia and JR were there along with Scott, Brayden and Jalen as well Chris. We had a great time. Saturday Ellie was on the go from 9:30am until sundown. She first wanted to go "water skating" which meant the waverunner so John took her for a ride. Then we spent a lot of time in the Lake. She was used to it this time and really enjoyed swimming by the dock with her life jacket. We even saw some ducks for her to feed and then she got to swim with them! She just couldn't wait to get on the boat - that is usually her favorite time of the trip! We didn't spend any time at the pool - we were too busy with all the other things to do. Saturday night she fell asleep sitting in the chair with Aunt Sue while she told her a story. It was so adorable to see Ellie so comfortable sitting there with my Aunt and dozing off to Aunt Sue telling a story about whatever popped into her head - even made me tear up a bit. Sunday got a little more playing in and Ellie was of course not ready to go. Both her and Kaitlyn were asleep before we got out of Aunt Sue's driveway! Kaitlyn slept the entire way home and Ellie woke up in time to watch a movie. I'll post some pictures when I get back home.

I almost forgot that while we were there, Ellie kept referring to Scott as Aunt Sue's daddy! He made breakfast each morning and although Ellie ate some bacon, she didn't eat near as much as she did when Goldman cooked bacon last time we were there in June! Ellie also got to sleep with Aunt Sue and despite the fact she was hesitant at first, I know she enjoyed it. She asked me before we went there if she could call her Granny and I said yes, of course but she never did. She must have just been preparing ahead of time :)

No comments: