Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I need to get my posting caught up with the pictures. Last Thursday, the 27th, Mark Lary took 'me out to the ballgame'. First we went to lunch at a nearby place called Winslow's Home. It's just up on Delmar and not far grom home. The food was great, and I'd like to go back sometime and just look around. They had lots of things on display but we were short on time. When we got to the ballpark Mark dropped me off as close as he could get and parked while I waited. Needless to say, the Cardinals lost, but I had a great afternoon. I was able to walk back to the car with no problem, and the walk wasn't very far for me. Maybe I'm better than I thought.

I no sooner got home than Ding picked me up for our usual Thursday night dinner. He's still on his raw food diet so we went to the Olive Garden to eat. I missed Karen in the afternoon and Shelly in the evening. We'll have to have an excursion without the guys soon.

On Friday Rose and I picked up Brayden and Jalen halfway over from Louisville. They were more excited about seeing the Hollensbes than seeing us three old ladies, so the boys and I spent the night with the Hollensbes on Friday night. We all went to Skyzone with Aunt Rose on Saturday. As Rose, Suzanne, and I watched at Skyzone, we couldn't figure out what was so exciting about jumping around on trampolines, but all four of them loved it. Again on Sunday we took the boys halfway to Louisville and I bet they slept the second half of the trip. They were exhausted from all their good time.

They've just found out that Aaron, Den's son, was born with one kidney and that kidney has been overworked for 34 years. He will need a transplant within the next two years. Let's all keep him in our prayers.

Sabrina and Dave and their boys and two of the boys friends went down to the lakehouse this weekend. Sabrina said they had a wonderful time but would have had a better time if I had been with them. I hope she didn't say that just to make me feel good. I didn't go because Brayden and Jalen were going to be here. Otherwise, you couldn't have kept me away.

No comments: