Thursday, September 17, 2009


I want to start off early this morning cause I type so slowly it may take me a long time, and I have a lot to write about! Let me go to Idaho first. Pete called Saturday with his weekly report and check-in. It was the weekend of Janet's 55th high school class reunion, and I heard from Janet after the weekend that a good time was had by all'.


Pete wanted to brag some about his granddaughter, Caitlin. I'm bragging about my great niece. Caitlin is a junior at Gonzaga University majoring in public relations. She is finished with her preschool year school tour and settled into Florence. She was meeting Donald and Vita in Florence last Saturday--her Great Aunt and Uncle. We've added this beautiful picture of her.


Caitlin's mother, Nancy, was born the year I lived out there with Pete and Janet. I babysat Nancy and Kelly while Janet taught piano lessons. It was 1959 and I wasn't old enough to drive in Missouri but was old enough to drive in Idaho. They had a 1954 Ford with a clutch. I not only learned to drive, I learned some new words! I still use some of these words and expressions. It was Pete who was the teacher, not Janet. She's probably been exposed to this language too.


Fall is coming. The leave outside are falling and turning. Yesterday Karen and I went to the Boat House in Forest Park for lunch. We didn't sit outside because the wait was too long, but it may be one of the last few days nice enough to do so. She and Mark biked in the MS150 in Columbia this past weekend. Mark did a total of 200 miles and Karen did 160 total. They're off to Italy next week and are taking thir bikes and to bike with a group part of the time they're there. They're doing a biathalon this weekend. I'm not even sure how to spell it!

No comments: