Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm behind again in my postings but so is everyone else. I have to go way back to a week ago Saturday. Rose and Shirley went to Chicago and Goldman and I dropped them at the airport. We proceeded to St. Charles where Goldman helped Shirley's nephew and wife, Michael and Leslie, move into a place over there. It was a hot day and not a good day fot that chore. I went along just because they weren't sure they all knew each other and, of course, wasn't able to be of any help but do think I managed to keep out of the way.

Chris and Shelly and I went out to dinner that evening and Chris spent both Saturday and Sunday nights with me. He (and other people) are insistent that I can't spend a night alone and I am sure I would have no trouble at all. Everyone takes such good and protective care of me. Chris went in to work late Monday morning so we could go to a Costco drugstore to pick up a prescription that I needed. He took me to one of his and Shelly's favorite plkaces for lunch and I agree with them - It is a great place. I hope we go back soon. He's not too good at making coffee in our pot though. He was glad there's a a Starbucks nearby. Shirley got home Monday afternoon and Rose got back Tuesday afternoon.

The Hollensbes had me over for dinner on Thursday. Suzanne works near here and picked me up on her way home. Doug had already fed Josie and Lukas when we got there and we hardly saw the kids while I was there. When I went in Lukas's room to say good-by as I was leaving (he was playing on his computer as he had been all evening), he looked up and said "Bye, I love you, Granny." He wasn't prompted or anything. It almost made me cry.

I guess Donald and Vita met up with Caitlin in Florence last Saturday. Janet says Caitlin will be there until around Christmas and then finish her up at Gonzaga in Spokane with a degree in Public Relations. Mark and Karen leave this week for their bicycle tour in Italy but I'm not sure if they'll be in Florence any time. They'll be with a bicycle tour group part of the time and have promised to keep in touch. I think Donald and Vita are going on to France for several days.

It was a baseball weekend around here. It turns out I was the only Cardinal fan in this household. Both Rose and Shirley were rooting for the Cubs - the underdog - but to no avail. Rose went to bed last night thinking the Cubs had lost that game too but had a surprise awaiting her this morning. The Cubs are so far behind it certainly didn't hurt to let them have one win to sorta save face, so to speak.

Joe's David celebrated his 44th last week and I've asked Joe to send me some more details about the occasion. He told me on IM but I am forgetful. I know they went to a show at Branson and also had a party but need more news. They sat by a guy from Idaho Falls at Branson. Our small world. (Goldman thinks Pete must know everyone from Idaho.) Joe sees Sean and runs into Aunt Virginia's sister and they both say Aunt Virginia is doing fine.

No comments: