Saturday, October 03, 2009

I'll update today some though I'm trying to wait for news from family in other parts of the country. That Thursday that I went to the commissary Chris and I went over to Belleville to see Fat Jack again. He wasn't very good. He had the oxygen apparatus in his nose and we could hardly understand him when he talked. We went back to see him again this Thursday and he was much improved. He still had the oxygen in his nose but his talking had much improved. He and Chris spent a lot of the time telling off color jokes and I told them I thought I was going to have to go out in the hall. I tried to act shocked. We're going back again this week on Wednesday since I'm flying to Louisville on Thursday evening. I plan to stay a few days with Scott and the boys. Rose and Shirley are going to Chicago for the weekend.

Last weekend I went to the lake with part of my 'harem'. Doug, Mad Dog, and Danny Cullinane accompanied me down there. There was a lot of fishing going on. They caught 61 crappie and Doug cleaned all 61 crappie. At one time Doug said Danny was catching them faster than he could clean them. They cooked up 30 for supper on Saturday night and I ate some of those for lunch on Sunday. I went to dinner at Ruthie D's (Brayden's least favorite restaurant) with the neighbors, Dave and Judy Meisel. We had a delicious meal but probably just comparavle to the fresh caught and fried fish.

Scott is here for the weekend. The boys were going to come with him but both 'came down sick and weren't able to come. Needless to say, these three old ladies were bitterly disappointed. We did see Scott for a brief visit yesterday right after his arrival but he went off to be with his friends.

More later. Midmorning snack time.

No comments: