Thursday, October 08, 2009

Sue's Update. [For some reason, she could not sign onto Blogger directly from her computer]

I wanted to update the blog this morning before I go to Louisville this evening. I’m going to fly by myself for the first time in a long time. I’m a bit nervous about the trip but I’m looking forward to spending the week with Scott and the boys. I hope they’re looking as forward to spending the week with Granny. The weather here isn’t looking very good. We’re having lots of rain and some thunder and lightning, but I’m hoping it will pass before evening.

Scott spent last weekend in St. Louis for a hockey draft and a poker tournament but both boys were sick and couldn’t come with him. We missed them but I’ll make up for it by getting to spend time with them this coming week. Rose and Shirley have to spend the weekend in Chicago. Rose has to teach her class tonight so Goldman is going to take me to the airport and help me with preboarding. (That’s not a word according to spell check.)

Fat Jack is a GREAT grandpa. Chris and I visited him last night and the baby wasn’t born yet. He left me a message sometime in the night that the baby had arrived. He’s hard to understand on the phone so I’m not sure if it’s a boy or a girl but he’s certainly proud. Chris and I had dinner at our new favorite place – Marco’s on Main in Belleville. Rose and I will have the leftovers for lunch. They’re certainly good.

There’s more news about General Motors – and not good news either but I need to print my newsy email from my friend Liz before I update the blog about it. It’s really not such a great place to be employed at any more like it used to be.

The Cardinals best do better tonight. Scott will probably be listening to it when he picks me up. My flight arrives at 9:05 our time and 10:05 their time. He probably has one of those fancy phones which has a radio or television.

I would love to see some updates from other parts of the country. Mark and Karen are in Italy and are probably through with their biking and are just touring by now. I hope they’re taking pictures and will post them when they get back. I, for one, am looking forward to it.

No comments: