Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy NEW YEAR to everyone. This may be a short post since I'm the only one up. It's early and I haven'y had breakfast or showered and dressed yet. Of course I'm a pretty slow typist too so that drags out the post. I'll add on later after I get ready for the day. We had a little snow yesterday, but the wind blew and the temperature warmed up and between the two most of it is gone this morning. Brother Joe said the same thing about Springfield.
Joe and I had a nice conversation on IM yesterday evening. He is on the Board of Directors of the Railroad Museum and they are in the process of restoring a motor car. (I hope I got that right. Correct me if I'm wrong, Joe. I can't ask him to correct me this morning because it's his day to volunteer and he's not on his computer. ) He's been going to Kiwanis lunches with Dave the last two weeks . He says they haven't been very crowded because of the holidays.
Pete and Janet had the family over for Christmas Day breakfast. Nancy made her specialty which is monkeybread with ham. Doesn't that sound like a name that Pete made up for it? Monkeybread with ham!! He said last week in his weekly call that there were seven of them there. I don't think he told me which seven. I'll get it straight when he calls this Saturday. He said he's going to have to make a trip to Quartzsite, I think to get some stuff. Caitlin is home but has to go to Spokane to Gonzaga soon. I think I posted she got back from Florence two weeks ago tomorrow. We're all very proud of that girl.
We have company and I have more updates after while. People are now getting up.

No comments: