Thursday, December 24, 2009

I got the staples out of my head today and, though the doctor told me it probably wouldn't hurt much, IT DID!! Fortunately there were only three of them in my scalp but, as the doctor afterwards explained, the emergency room doctor had stapled hair and all. She was surprised they hadn't shaved that area of my head. She removed them with a regular staple remover, and they looked like paper staples. I'm just relieved that they're no longer in there. She said she could possibly have missed one and just come back if I felt anymore. She must have never had any in her scalp.
Margaret and Norm are hosting their family this evening fot their Christmas dinner. I'm fairly sure the kids all bring something to contribute to their supper as they do here. The younger ones probably are eager to get home and get to bed and then to wake up to see morning and that Santa has arrived. I talked to Scott while ago and asked him when Santa was arriving there. He said he doesn't know but it will happen while the boys are sleeping. He said he's going to bed early even if they won't.
We are hoping to have Jalen and Brayden stay with us a few days next week. The arrangements haven't been finalized yet. They're off school the rest of this year. Drew's off too. He's at Mizzou at Columbia. All three of my grandsons are extra good students. Brayden and Jalen always bring us the papers they get back from tests and stuff. Drew has a 3.0 GPA. I'm a proud old Granny.
We're having steak for Christmas Eve dinner. Rose is sending me a message on her cellphone by dictating an e-mail. She is testing some new application; meanwhile I can hear her. I think she's just practicing. She and Shirley love their Apple paraphernalia.

No comments: