Monday, December 21, 2009

It's been a while since my last post but I've been under the weather and have good reason for my lack of updates. I practically had to beg to get out of the hospital and was released last Friday. As Aunt Janet says, in hospitals they wake you up to give you a sleeping pill. I had to come home to start feeling better. It worked.



We had our family Christmas celebration here on Saturday with a delicious brunch. Scott, Jalen, and Brayden arrived Friday evening from Louisville. Scott's girlfriend, Beth, arrived from Kansas City Saturday morning. Drew got here from Columbia on Saturday. Mark and Karen got here from Kirkwood on Saturday after they picked the eggs and fed the five chickens. Shirley's nephew Michael and his wife Leslie arrived from St. Charles as did Chris and Shelly. Katie and Austin live in Kansas and couldn't make it this year but were sorely missed. Of course Shirley, Rose and I were here and it was a wonderful celebration.



Jalen and Brayden were very eager to open presents and I think ate very little of their meal. Lots of people brought stuff for the brunch besides what Rose and Shirley put together. In spite of several trips to the store last week, we had to send Scott again on Saturday morning.



I got so many thoughtful gifts. Mark Lary had made a trip to Evansville, Illinois, on the day after Thanksgiving where Brick (all three boys' Dad) was born and is buried and made me an album of pictures of the town today. Much of it is the same. The church, St. Boniface, where he was baptized looks to be in use today. His parents' home and service station are still there. There's a grain elevator that's been there forever. I'm eager to go down there myself. I got lots of other super gifts and am still absorbing and appreciating them.



Brayden and Jalen disappeared shortly after they got their gifts opened and went off to play with them. We grownups sat around and reminisced old times.We had lots of laughs. Our tree is beautiful and isn't drooping yet. Rose and Shirley keep lots of water in its' holder. Margaret and Norman sent a lovely poinsetta. It's huge and looks great in the living room.



Rose, Scott, and Mark all took pictures so I'm hoping we'll get lots of them posted. Scott got me a Kodak Easy Share but he's going to have to teach me some more about it. I have something similar that Mark and Karen got me after Katie's wedding and I'll maybe get wiser about both of them - or make one of them just do it for me.



There's more update and I'll post it later.

No comments: