Thursday, December 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE to everyone and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to JALEN. Jalen was 12 years old yesterday. We hope he had a great birthday and now he has Christmas coming right up. We miss seeing him and look forward to the next time wiyh him and his brother and their dad. They are both off school all this week and next week.
I was up at six this morning - first one in the house - maybe because I went to bed so early and it was almost the shortest day of the year. Snow is forecast for today and tomorrow but seldom is that forecast right. It would be nice to have a White Christmas.
Donald and Vita stopped by for a visit on Tuesday. They're in town until Chrismas Day when they go on to Plattsburg to spend the holdays with their families there. They took them all to New York for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and told them that was going to be their Christmas present. What about Santa? ? We talked a lot about old times and wondered how we got so old so quickly. They saw Caitlin in Florence. I may have already put this in the blog. He keeps in touch with Wanda Jean and the address for her is the one I posted earlier in Florida and is the right one for her. We got a Christmas card from her.
They stopped at Margaret and Norm's yesterday. Margaret said they also reminisced a lot about old times. I think there's some disagreement about what really happened 'back in the old days'. Donald says we need Pete and Joe to remember correctly. Margaret was probably better at remembering than Rose and Donald and me.
I'm getting the staples out of my scalp this morning and I dread it sorely. My scalp is still very sore and tender so I'm hoping the doctor will deaden the area somehow. My appointment is at 11:30 and sometimes there's quite a waiting period.
Shirley and I picked up A Barbie Camper for Suzanne and and Doug (aka Santa) to leave for Josie for Christmas. They were a hot item for little girls this year and hard to find. Suzanne came by here to get it last night and said the night before that Josie decided to make a new wish list for Santa. The Barbie Camper and other things she had asked for earlier weren't on the new list. When Suzanne explained that Santa might not be able to bring things on the new list at this late time, Josie explained to her "Yes, he can. Remember. he's Santa". They have the presents locked in a room and somehow Lukas and Josie both know they're in there and have been begging to have just one so they know that Santa doesn't bring them all.
We're invited to Chris and Shelly's tomorrow for turkey dinner. I haven't seen their house with all their Christmas decorations inside and outside so I'm looking forward to it and to the turkey dinner and visiting with the other folks who will be there.
We haven't seen much of Goldman this week but he and his Suzanne and I are going out to dinner next Tuesday. Ding and I usually go out on Thursday nights but the holidays have messed up this week and next week. Next year we'll get back on our regular schedule.

No comments: