Friday, January 01, 2010

Good morning, 2010. I'm the only one up. Rose and Shirley may have seen the new year in but I didn't. I did stay up past my bedtime but not until 2010. I want to be rested for today because Scott is going to bring Brayden over, and we're hoping Jalen too. We have their Christmas stockings ready for their arrival. We're ready to be shed of the Christmas tree but I don't know when we've decided to do that. It's beginning to droop.

Ding and Goldman have both been down with colds. Both were feeling better yesterday and neither had big celebrations planned for last night. Beth was in Louisville with Scott and they also had a quiet evening ahead of them. Rose just got up and said she went to bed at eleven.

Our company left yesterday. It was Jamil who is fourteen and nearly six feet tall, Layla who is nine and a beautiful girl and their mother. They hadn't been here for about a year. One summer they made it to the lake house and we went to Ruthie D's Restaurant which they loved. (It's the place we threaten Brayden with.) They're from Bloomington, IN.

I talked to Melba and to Liz, who are both two of my old GMAC pals, yesterday or the day before. Liz and her husband are coming by tomorrow. I tried to call her back to see if we can have dinner but she hasn't called back yet. Melba has to have some tests next week and then we're getting together for lunch or dinner. Mary Myers and I vowed to spend more time together in 2010. Leslie, my old neighbor in Springfield, and I had a long conversation yesterday. Her son, Jeffrey, is in Iraq again. His family is in Olympia, WA. She and Sam and I are going to spend time at the lake house when the weather permits. Sam loves to fish. (It's 13 degrees here this morning.) Karen is coming by Saturday. Jana and John will be in town on the 9th.

I don't know what time my grandsons will get here but I'm waiting impatiently. They'll probably want to go right over to Hollensbes. I'll wait to call Suzanne to make sure they're receiving.

My New Year's resolution is better communication with my friends and relatives. I need help!!

No comments: