Sunday, January 17, 2010

Good morning. It looks foggy and chilly out, but it's supposed to be nicer later today. Ding is here with me. I went to dinner with Liz and Dave last night at Houlihan's and had a great time and ate a lot after eating a lot at Fitz's with Goldman and Ding at lunch yesterday. I'll soon be porking up at this rate. I may have already said this but Rose and Shirley went to Chicago yesterday and are driving the white car back today because it needs inspection and plates. They weren't looking forward to the long drive. Liz has the day off tomorrow for ML King's birthday so she doesn't have to drive back t chicago until tomorrow. Mark Lary and family are in Colorado at their place skiing for a few days. I'm not sure when they will be back.




I've talked to lots of the family since I've gotten out of the hospital. Brayden called. He and his dad were watching football yesterday. He asked me if I knew the Cardinals had moved to Arizona. Actually, I didn't. Pete called with his weekly Saturday call. He hasn't been down to Quartzsite yet to clean the place out. He has been working on cleaning out the farm place. He said Janet is 'some better' as we used to say down home. Brother Joe and I have frequent IM's. He has diagnosed me since all those doctors and tests haven't been able to. I'm having 'chicken strokes'. These are something I pretended to have as a kid when I'd lay down and flop my arms and legs and holler "I'm having a stroke just like a chicken". It's as good a diasnosis as any I've had. In other news, Margaret doesn't have something to look forward to with her ankle but perhaps it will relieve her of her pain eventually.


Of course, Ding and Rose and Shirley have been in touch with me all the time. Mad Dog went by the lake house to be sure everything was okay. It was. Goldman always wants to know if I need anything. I was hoping to go to Louisville this weekend but wasn't able to make it. When I'm better I want to go to Chicago and stay with Liz and also make a trip to Louisville and stay with Jalen and Brayden, the smartest boys in their class rooms, and Scott, too. Beth went over to Louisville from Kansas City this weekend.


It may be this trial pills that is not agreeing with me. I'm going to talk to the neurologist (Dr. Hogan, the one from southwest Missouri) this week about quitting them. I had an MRI this week while I was in the hospital and was completely goofy afterward. They may be still talking about me in that place. I asked who is the one who told people about what I said, and one of the nurses said "Honey, you told everybody".

No comments: